How to Use Screen and Bubble Effects
It’s always a little tricky to convey emotion in plain text, so in iOS 10, Messages gives you a bunch of ways to change the way your texts are delivered to your fellow iOS users, including screen and bubble effects.
Screen effects provide a backdrop animation that takes over the entire screen when the message is delivered; bubble effects, on the other hand, are an animation that just tweak the way the blue chat bubble containing your message is delivered to the recipient. Here’s how to use them.
1. Open Messages.
2. Select a conversation.
3. Enter your message and press and hold the send button (the up arrow icon). On a 3D Touch-enable phone, force press that button.
4. By default, you’ll see bubble effects. Tap on any of the effects in the menu to preview it.
5. Select the effect you want — Slam, Loud, Gentle or Invisible Ink — and tap the send button(the up arrow icon) that appears next to it. Otherwise, tap the ‘x’ icon at the bottom to cancel.
To send a screen effect, follow steps 1 through 5 above, but select the Screen pane at the top.
1. Swipe left to reveal additional effects. You currently have five options: Balloons, Confetti, Lasers, Fireworks and Shooting Stars
2. When you’ve found the effect you want, tap the send button next to your message.