Exchange Import is a utility to import PST file to Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007. It provides freedom to import single as well as multiple PST files data into live Exchange Server. It also provides complete mapping of data between Exchange Server Mailbox and PST file. There are some pre-requisites which you need to perform for importing. Microsoft Outlook should have installed as well as configured properly and the machine of migration and the Exchange Server should be working within same domain.
Availability of Software
Exchange Importer software is available in two different formats. The first is Demo Version and the other one is Full Version or Licensed version. We will discuss about it in more detail in below sections.
This software allowed me to use all functionalities in its demo version but it bounded me to import only limited data items from PST file to Exchange Server. For Example: I added PST files to the software, It scanned PST files too, I was also able to view the data from PST files, I also set nick name of my mailbox. But When I tried to Import all data items into Live Exchange then It didn’t let me import more than 50 items per folder.
In full version, I was able to access complete functionalities of Exchange Importer Software. With all features it also offered me 24 x 7 support related to the software. The license of software is available according to user based. Which means that any one can purchase its license as per their need or requirement. Suppose I want to import only 35 mailboxes into Live Exchange Server then I can purchase the license for importing 50 user account mailboxes.
Important Features of Tool
The software provides many advanced features with import PST file to Exchange Server. The features allows to import PST data in an easy way with secure migration. By which, anyone can import data without any fear of losing it.
Lets discuss those features in more detail.
1. Import Multiple PST files into Exchange Server
This feature allow to import all Outlook PST files into Exchange Server database at once. Their is no need to add one by one each PST files to the software.
2. Import All Data to Exchange Server
The tool let anyone import all PST files data to Live Exchange Server. All data includes Emails, Contacts, & Calendars. After successful import the tool maintains metadata of all data items.
3. Search PST File in Your Network
Exchange Importer Software also provides you facility to search PST file in other computer in a Network and add that PST file to the software. It also allow you to select PST file from other drive of any computer connected in network.
4. Import Only Selective PST Files
While listing PST file from other computer connected in a network, It will list all PST files for importing. But the tool allow to uncheck those file which you don’t want to import.
5. Complete Mapping of PST Files with Mailbox
The software provides complete mapping of each selected PST file data (Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Journals etc.) items to Live Exchange Server Mailboxes.
6. Generates Exchange Import Process Report
After successful import of PST files to Exchange Mailboxes the tool generates the report of importing process. In which anyone can see number of successfully imported and missed items.
Steps to Import PST file to Exchange Server
There are following steps which anyone can follow to impot Exchange server database. I am going to mention my steps with screenshot of steps.
- I installed and run the Exchange Import Software. After running it I saw the interface as shown in below image.
- Then I clicked on Import button which is in the middle of Home and Support button at top let of tool’s window.
- Then I clicked on Add Files button and selected multiple PST files.
- After adding files, I clicked on Import button.
- Now a new window opened in which I can see the current status of Exchange Import Process.
- After successful completion of Import process, It displayed this message “MS Outlook PST Files Imported into the Exchange Server Successfully“.
- Outlook should be Installed and Configured.
- Connection to Exchange Server and Migration Machine should be available till the completion of Import process.
- Migration machine and Exchange Server should be working in the same domain.
Pros & Cons of SysTools Exchange Import Software
- Import All PST Files to Exchange at Once
- Safe and Secure to Use
- Easy to access, cause of Simple UI
- Complete Report Generation of Import Process
- Outlook need to be installed for Exchange Import Process
In this article I have reviewed SysTools Exchange Import Software which Import PST file to Exchange Server. Therefore I have mentioned the availability of this tool, its usage, and its functionalities. I have imported some PST files into my testing Exchange environment. I have also mentioned its working steps which anyone can see in section of ‘Steps for importing PST files’. This tool works very well for Exchange Server 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003.
At the end I can say that Exchange Importer tool is really a good tool for Importing Outlook PST files into Exchange Server.