Nobody is denying the fact that it’s kind of tough to grow a business in today’s digital world. Outsiders have a tendency to overlook the fact that there is more to growing a company than simply selling more products or services. In fact, improving internal structures and processes within the working environment is often needed to help a company reach the next level.
Getting a handle on employee time tracking should be one of your top priorities. When your company reaches a level that requires hours of your time and attention to take care of payroll each week, it’s time to seriously consider upgrading your existing employee timekeeping software to a much more efficient option.
Why Shift Your Focus to Improving Employee Time Tracking?
Time tracking might seem trivial on the surface, but it can actually help improve your business over the long term. When time tracking issues are handled correctly, your company will run more efficiently than ever before.
Plus, time tracking software has the ability to do so much more than simply keep track of employee time. It can help eliminate employees wasting valuable time, and it can do so without turning you into an overbearing spy.
In fact, your employees might be stealing time from you and you don’t even know it. The best ways to stop this unnecessary time theft and prevent it from ever happening again are as follows:
- Employee monitoring without the need to spy – in an effort to prevent employees from wasting your valuable time, monitoring them through time tracking software is the ideal way to prevent further time theft. A recent survey discovered that roughly 31% of employees will waste as much as 30 minutes to one hour per day. It gets even worse. 16% of employees will waste about two hours of their employer’s time per day. 6% of employees know that they waste as much as three hours of their employer’s time per day. And the most surprising of all, this survey discovered that 4% of employees knowingly waste 4 to 5 hours of their employer’s time each day. Are your employees doing the same? Time tracking software will help you discover the truth.
- Meeting deadlines – when utilizing time tracking software to its fullest, you can begin tracking employee timelines based on specific projects. If an employee is allotted 16 hours to complete a particular project, the time tracking software will tell you if they finished the project on time or if they needed more time to complete it. When employees know that they are being monitored to this degree, you will see that they begin to meet their deadlines more often than not, which is very beneficial to you and your business.
- Discover the best processes for your business – time tracking can help you discover how each one of your employees spends his or her time. They can also help discover how many projects each employee is successfully capable of handling. By knowing this information, you’ll know exactly how much work you can delegate to each employee and do so accordingly. Take the time to carefully analyze time tracking reports. As you analyze them, you will be able to maximize time, maximize profits, and discover the best processes to implement into your business.
Choosing the Best Time Tracking Software
You may think that it will be difficult to choose the best time tracking software for your business. It doesn’t have to be if you follow these simple guidelines.
Choose software that has the following options:
- it’s easy to access
- it has a simple interface
- it has the right user capabilities
- it provides detailed reports
- it offers additional security
- it’s available on multiple devices and platforms
- it provides a free trial
Growing your business is easier than ever when using the right time tracking software. Follow this simple guideline to find the perfect software to meet your needs.